Steve Hickman has been an active plein aire painter for over 20 years and enjoys travel throughout the west including Alaska and Mexico with paint gear in hand. On-site works often provide information and concepts for larger studio paintings.
His impressionist style in oil and acrylic is applied to a range of Western Art including wildlife, landscape, still life, and figurative. Collectors describe his wildlife paintings as "powerful - with character and soul".
- Steve has previously served on the Board of Directors of the Western Colorado Center for the Arts.
- Art education includes Colorado State University, Delgado Community College in Orleans and study under master painter/teacher Gerald Merfeld of Westcliffe, Colorado.
- Steve's paintings have won Awards in a number of Exhibits.
- His work is in a number of Private Collections.
- Member of Santa Rita Art League